Black Poppy Bread ♕
4 Ingredients, 1 Beauty!
Our Queen Bread is a harmonious balance between toastiness, crunch and a bit of burnt on the outside and a softly, spongy inside. Only made with 4 ingredients, flour, water, salt & poppy seeds.
All our grains are organic, stoneground and from Ontario.
Benefits of sourdough:
- The friendly bacteria in the sourdough helps break down the flour, which makes it more digestible and nutritious.
- The fermentation process of sourdough helps your gut bacteria thrive.
- Slow digesting process, which prevents sugar levels from spiking and dropping dramatically. This is extremely important for diabetic people or endurance athletes.
- It provides different types of fiber.
- With the help of seeds, the amount of fiber, protein and nutrient density increases, making it an even better source of energy.
Note: Sourdough it is NOT gluten-free. However, as a result of using stoneground whole grains, the residual concentration of gluten in our 24-hour fermented sourdough, is smaller (20 parts per million) than in other breads because the sourdough feeds of gluten, during the break down process.